Tannin Powder, 1oz BottleWM-204
- Tannins play three distinctive roles in making wine.
- The first is flavor; tannins increase the zesty flavors that are often left lacking in many homebrewed wines.
- The literal definition of tannin is the "zest" or peel of the grape.
- Tannins aid in the clarification process by neutralizing residual proteins and other proteins, these drop out of suspension by the simple presence of tannins.
- Tannins also aid in the aging and keeping qualities of wines; wines that are deficient do not take advantage of the aging process very well.
- Their improvement with time is only marginal and these wines also tend to deteriorate in quality more rapidly in longer storage situations.